Use the guide below to help you decide which size skip is best for your requirements.Download Specification
|Aprox. number of bin bags
One of the most commonly used sizes of skip in the UK due to its large size.
Known as a ‘builders skip’, it can be used for a wide range of jobs and is most often seen on residential streets for home refurbishment projects. This skip is used in construction and on domestic jobs.
Being the same height as a grand piano, this skip is great for projects that have a medium volume of waste.
This skip can hold approximately 65 – 75 bin bags and is available with a drop down door.
Delivery & Removal
Our skips are nationwide and can usually be delivered within 24 hours – Local Waste Disposal Rates.
The skips need to be situated where it is easy for our vehicles to drop off and collect
This is a core hire item and is available for next day delivery subject to terms, availability and delivery location. Ask the team for details
Avoid Additional Charges
The following items are not permitted to be put into skips and require separate arrangements to be made for disposal of: Asbestos, Batteries, Biological Waste, Computer Monitors, Corrosive Liquid, Diesel, Electrical Equipment (WEEE), Explosives, Fire Extinguishers, Fluorescent Tubes, Fridge , Freezers, Gas Cylinders/ Aerosols, Hazardous or Harmful Materials, Laboratory Waste, Food Waste, Lightbulbs, Liquids, Mattresses, Medical Waste, Oils, Paint and Paint Tins, Pesticides, Petrol, Plasterboard, Solvents, Televisions or Monitors, Tyres and Toxic Materials. Contact our team for details.
Failure to disclose such contents will result in additional charges.
(Please note, these dimensions are an approximate guide only and can differ depending on supplier)
- Fires should never be started in a skip.
- Please do not attempt to move a skip from the position it was dropped off at.
- Skips over 8 yards must not contain heavy waste like soil or rubble.
- The following cannot be put into a skip: food waste, computer monitors, televisions, full paint cans, aerosols, gas canisters, tyres, fridges or freezers, plasterboard or asbestos.
- Please ensure the position of the skip is clear from any obstruction.
- Skips must not be overloaded; waste must not exceed the top of the walls of the skip, particularly if the waste contained is rubble.
Things to consider
- If you are unsure of what size to go for, it is generally a better idea to go for the larger size as it is very dangerous to overload a skip and you will always find extra waste to go into it!
- The 6 yard skip is available with a drop down door, for even easier access.
- If you are placing your skip on the road, you may need a permit to do so. Contact your local council for more information.
- Our team of dedicated specialists can arrange any amount of skips from our vast range of suppliers. Whether it is for a construction site or a small domestic project, we have the solution for you.