Use the guide below to help you decide which size skip is best for your requirements.Download Specification
|Skip Size||Suitable for||Aprox. number of bin bags|
|10 yard||Light general||80|
|12 yard||Light general||100|
|14 yard||Light general||120|
|16 yard||Light general||160|
To be used for bulky waste only, the skip has a low lip at the back with high sides for easy accessibility. 10 Yard Skips are Larger Waste Solutions and are perfect for trade, industrial and commercial waste solutions.
These skips are mainly used for building site clearance, industrial premises or demolition sites. Not suitable for soil or rubble removal.
Around 200 bin bags will fill a 10 yard skip. Most suited to bulky items like wardrobes and sofas.
The large size requires a large space to sit in, such as a building or construction site.
Delivery & Removal
Our skips are nationwide and can usually be delivered within 24 hours
The skips need to be situated where it is easy for our vehicles to drop off and collect.
Core Hire Items are available for next day delivery subject to Terms, Availability and Delivery Location.
|5.5 ft||5 ft||12 ft||7.6m³|
(Please note, these dimensions are an approximate guide only and can differ depending on supplier)
- The following cannot be put into a skip: food waste, computer monitors, televisions, full paint cans, aerosols, gas canisters, tyres, fridges or freezers, plasterboard or asbestos.
- Fires should never be started in a skip.
- Please do not attempt to move a skip from the position it was dropped off at.
- Please ensure the position of the skip is clear from any obstruction.
- Skips must not be overloaded; waste must not exceed the top of the walls of the skip, particularly if the waste contained is rubble.
Things to consider
- If you are unsure of what size to go for, it is generally a better idea to go for the larger size as it is very dangerous to overload a skip and you will always find extra waste to go into it!
- If you are placing your skip on the road, you may need a permit to do so. Contact your local council for more information.
- Our team of dedicated specialists can arrange any amount of skips from our vast range of suppliers. Whether it is for a construction site or a small domestic project, we have the solution for you.