Use the guide below to help you decide which size skip is best for your requirements.Download Specification
|Skip Size||Suitable for||Aprox. number of bin bags|
|10 yard||Light general||80|
|12 yard||Light general||100|
|14 yard||Light general||120|
|16 yard||Light general||160|
12 Yard Skips are used for major, large projects and can house a large amount of bulky waste.
Although the skip has high sides to contain a large amount of bulky waste, it is still easy to access.
It can contain around 240 bin bags and it most suited to metal, wood, plastics and packaging.
Many councils won’t allow this size of skip to be on the road, so private land is required.
Delivery & Removal
You can hire our 12 yard skips and services across the UK with local rates and can usually be delivered within 24 hours. This is a core hire item and 12 Yard Skips can be delivered next day, subject to terms, availability and delivery location.
The skips need to be situated where it is easy for our vehicles to drop off and collect. Speak to one of our team and see how easy we make waste management.
|5.5 ft||5.5 ft||12 ft||9.8m³|
(Please note, these dimensions are an approximate guide only and can differ depending on supplier)
- The following cannot be put into a skip: food waste, computer monitors, televisions, full paint cans, aerosols, gas canisters, tyres, fridges or freezers, plasterboard or asbestos.
- Fires should never be started in a skip.
- Please do not attempt to move a skip from the position it was dropped off at.
- Please ensure the position of the skip is clear from any obstruction.
- Skips must not be overloaded; waste must not exceed the top of the walls of the skip, particularly if the waste contained is rubble.
Things to consider
- If you are unsure of what size to go for, it is generally a better idea to go for the larger size as it is very dangerous to overload a skip and you will always find extra waste to go into it!
- If you are placing your skip on the road, you may need a permit to do so. Contact your local council for more information.
- Our team of dedicated specialists can arrange any amount of skips from our vast range of suppliers. Whether it is for a construction site or a small domestic project, we have the solution for you.