Use the guide below to help you decide which size skip is best for your requirements.Download Specification
|Skip Size||Suitable for||Aprox. number of bin bags|
|10 yard||Light general||80|
|12 yard||Light general||100|
|14 yard||Light general||120|
|16 yard||Light general||160|
These skips are suitable for domestic or business use and can accommodate small amounts of waste.
Being compact in size means they are convenient and can be easily stored in a garden or on a driveway.
They generally hold around 25-35 bin bags, and are perfect for small-scale jobs where cost is being kept to a minimum.
Delivery & Removal
Our skips are nationwide and can usually be delivered within 24 hours
The skips need to be situated where it is easy for our vehicles to drop off and collect
|3.5 ft||2.5||5 ft||1.53m³|
(Please note, these dimensions are an approximate guide only and can differ depending on supplier)
- Skips must not be overloaded; waste must not exceed the top of the walls of the skip, particularly if the waste contained is rubble.
- Skips over 8 yards must not contain heavy waste like soil or rubble.
- The following cannot be put into a skip: food waste, computer monitors, televisions, full paint cans, aerosols, gas canisters, tyres, fridges or freezers, plasterboard or asbestos.
- Fires should never be started in a skip.
- Please do not attempt to move a skip from the position it was dropped off at.
- Please ensure the position of the skip is clear from any obstruction.
Things to consider
- If you are unsure of what size to go for, it is generally a better idea to go for the larger size as it is very dangerous to overload a skip and you will always find extra waste to go into it!
- If you are placing your skip on the road, you may need a permit to do so. Contact your local council for more information.
- Our team of dedicated specialists can arrange any amount of skips from our vast range of suppliers. Whether it is for a construction site or a small domestic project, we have the solution for you.